JamVM 1.1.1 released

From: Robert Lougher
Subject: JamVM 1.1.1 released
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 13:09:28 +0000

Hi,

I believe a couple of people on this list have at least given JamVM a test. In case you're interested, JamVM 1.1.1 is finally out (see http://jamvm.sourceforge.net). It's been updated to use Classpath 0.07, as well as using a Java 2 style system class loader as discussed last December (a new job delayed the release).

Other modifications include support for so-called Miranda methods, and the usual bugfixes and performance improvements. In particular, 1.1.0 had a bug in VMClass.isInstance, which crept in during the VMClass/Class integration. This is now fixed.

Mark mentioned he gave JamVM 1.1.0 a go with the AWT peers. I haven't had any time to do testing with 1.1.1. However, I'd like to - Is there any test programs about which gives good coverage?

Thanks,

Rob.

Sign-up for a FREE BT Broadband connection today! http://www.msn.co.uk/specials/btbroadband