Announcing SableVM 1.1.0 development release

From: Grzegorz B. Prokopski
Subject: Announcing SableVM 1.1.0 development release
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 17:40:26 -0500

Hi all!

It's been long months without any official release of SableVM but now
1.1.0 release is out and available for download and testdrive. I know
that before and after FOSDEM many people wanted to download SableVM
but our development server was down. I hope that this release will
be good occasion, expecially for those who were hurt by the server
downtime, to actually give new SableVM a ride.

In SableVM 1.1.0 you can find, among others:
* Update to GNU Classpath from 1st Februray 2004,
* SableVM's fastest inlined engine ported to most of the platforms,
* Many fills in reflection and JNI,
* Nice improvements like java-sablevm wrapper and manual pages,
* Bugfixes.

Altough these tarballs are considered to be "development" release - they
are far, far superior in almost every way to what was our last 1.0.9
version. Ex. very recent GNU Classpath allows for some graphical
applications to more-or-less work, we support many more architectures...

To get the tarballs go to http://devel.sablevm.org/download/1.1.0/
and get sablevm-1.1.0.tar.gz and sablevm-classpath-1.1.0.tar.gz.
Installation instructions are included in sablevm tarball in
INSTALL-DEVEL file or you can find them online at
http://devel.sablevm.org/docs/INSTALL.txt

We appreciate your feedback. Please feel invited to mail us (see
http://devel.sablevm.org/wiki/MailingLists) or use #sablevm IRC
channel on irc.freenode.net (irc.debian.org, irc.sablevm.org).

We hope to make more frequent development releases in the future, but
please note that we also have daily SVN snapshots readily available at
http://devel.sablevm.org/shot

Debian packages have just been uploaded into incoming (for the impatient
http://incoming.debian.org/) and will be available shortly for unstable
distribution, but they should be usable with testing too.

We wish you great fun using SableVM!

                                SableVM Project Developers

PS: For those who would like to get more deeply into SableVM code
- we're happy to offer our support and Subversion accounts with
freely-usable, own sandbox.

--
Grzegorz B. Prokopski <address@hidden>
Debian GNU/Linux      http://www.debian.org