Re: [Jikes-dev] jikes CVS vs GNU Classpath

From: Chris Abbey
Subject: Re: [Jikes-dev] jikes CVS vs GNU Classpath
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 16:03:38 -0500 (CDT)

Hey Mark, bad news....

I can confirm the same failure with a simplified test case. In fact it
looks like the handling of .. in any directory path is currently badly
borked in cvs.

I've raised bug 3920 as a sev 9 regression, it will be fixed prior to
1.20, which is on paper for this month. Thanks for the heads up on this,
we'll need to add some "interesting" variations to jacks to see about
covering this.... I'm not even sure that jacks *can* cover this, but we'll
see what we can do.

I don't even want to think about how many build scripts this breaks. :(

--
Never make a technical decision based upon the politics of the situation.
Never make a political decision based upon technical issues.