Re: Bad link for 0.08 download?

From: Patrik Reali
Subject: Re: Bad link for 0.08 download?
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 00:36:28 +0200

ok, I'm sorry for the confusion. I'll update the download page accordingly.

-Patrik

--On Dienstag, 6. April 2004 00:07 +0200 Mark Wielaard <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi,

On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 23:46, Patrik Reali wrote:
you are right! The file was renamed. (Anyone know more?)

Have a look into <ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/classpath/> for the released
files.

Classpath is released on the alpha server, because is still heavily
under  development.

No sorry. I thought I had announced it clearly. But obviously I didn't.
Since 0.08 the snapshot releases are only hosted on ftp.gnu.org. We now
only put test releases on alpha.gnu.org. alpha.gnu.org doesn't keep
backups and although we see the GNU Classpath snapshots as works in
progress it seems people do rely on them. So from now on we put them on
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/classpath/ to make sure they are mirrored and
backed up.

The 0.08-test1 release found on alpha is indeed just a test release made
a few days before the real 0.08 release.

P.S. This is also the reason we don't have any official pre 0.06
releases anymore. They were never backed up and nobody had the official
old release files anymore. We could regenerate them from CVS of course,
but nobody bothered to do that.