Re: Classpath build process and VM-specific issues

From: Etienne Gagnon
Subject: Re: Classpath build process and VM-specific issues
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 16:23:18 -0400

Andrew Haley wrote:
Yes, but it's not a question of whether the type jbyte is the same
size as a character type, but whether it is treated in the same way as
a character by the compiler.

Hi Andrew.  Please look carefully at my proposal (sent minutes ago),
and tell me if it still contains non-portable bits.  I provide in it
a piece of C code that will generate warnings if jbyte is not treated
as signed char by the compiler, if I am right.  [Look at the test()
function].

Etienne

--
Etienne M. Gagnon, Ph.D.             http://www.info.uqam.ca/~egagnon/