Re: Classpath build process and VM-specific issues

From: David P Grove
Subject: Re: Classpath build process and VM-specific issues
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 07:59:03 -0400

So,

        I have to admit that I haven't been following this thread in all of its glory :-), but the JNI spec is quite clear on the sizes of the various primitives.  See the table in section 12.1.1 of the spec.  A jbyte is signed 8 bit quantity.  A jchar is an unsigned 16 bit quantity, etc.  There are not defined in terms of things like C's char and int.  It doesn't matter what the native platform thinks an int is, a jint is a signed 32 bit quantity.

--dave