Re: Patch: remove C++ keywords

From: Stephen Compall
Subject: Re: Patch: remove C++ keywords
Date: 08 Apr 2004 14:00:49 -0500

Etienne Gagnon <address@hidden> writes:

> Michael Koch wrote:
> > Personally I think using "obj" or so is better then using "thiz".
>
> Agree. I like "obj" instead of "this".  [I don't like "thiz"]
> Similarly, I like "cls" instead of "class".  [I don't like "clazz"]

thiz makes sense if you are trying to maintain proper indentation w/o
reindenting in some cases, e.g.

(*(thiz->closure)) (one,      vs     (*(obj->closure)) (one,
                    two);                                two);

I suggest `self', which I like better than `this' anyway, being a
Python/Smalltalk fan.

I can't think of an alternative for class.

--
Stephen Compall or s11 or sirian

<Errata> f y cn rd ths y cn gt gd jb n cmptr prgrmng (146656)

MD5 Consul AVN World Trade Center radar lock picking Nazi ARPA high
security Exon Shell White House global ISEC 22nd SAS Craig Livingstone