Q: How do you keep your sources in synch?

From: Patrik Reali
Subject: Q: How do you keep your sources in synch?
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 13:24:51 +0200

Hi,

I'd like to add this topic to the FAQ, thus I'm looking for hard evidence on this topic.

I was wondering, how the various VM deal with changes in the classpath code (I assume you have a "customized" version of classpath). Are you importing them by hand or rely on some automated tool?

Before being able to use classpath out of the box, I relied on cvs (cvs import and cvs checkout -jOLDVERSION -jNEWVERSION), which worked well as long as the differences were not to big.

What is your experience?

-Patrik