Re: The Mauve unicode testcase and VM performance

From: Stuart Ballard
Subject: Re: The Mauve unicode testcase and VM performance
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 11:32:56 -0400

Mark Wielaard wrote:
and overhead. Hope I have time next week to update it with at least rvm
development results and maybe IKVM ahead of time results (Jeroen, any
hints on how to do that in this case?)

I don't know whether you have a zip/jar or individual classfiles but assuming it's a single jar file, presumably it would be (commands separated by blank lines - ignore any mailer-induced wordwrapping):

mono ikvmc.exe -target:exe -out:mauve.exe -reference:classpath.dll -main:gnu.testlet.SimpleTestHarness mauve.jar

time echo gnu.testlet.java.lang.Character.unicode | mono mauve.exe -debug

You may need to arrange for all IKVM's DLLs to be in the same directory as mauve.exe. The other thing to try would be using Mono's --aot option to pre-JIT (as it were) the generated exe and dlls. I've never tried this but in theory it appears that you should be able to do:

mono --aot mauve.exe
(and possibly also:
mono --aot classpath.dll
mono --aot IK.VM.NET.dll
etc...)

prior to running mauve.exe itself.

Of course, I'm not Jeroen and I could be missing something significant...

Stuart.

--
Stuart Ballard, Senior Web Developer
NetReach, Inc.