Re: Sockets remain unclosed

From: Michael Koch
Subject: Re: Sockets remain unclosed
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 16:59:20 +0200

Am Samstag, 17. April 2004 02:40 schrieb Ito Kazumitsu:
> Hi,
>
> As discussed in the Kaffe mailing list[1],  in some cases,
> GNU Classpath's java.net.Socket creates sockets which will
> never be closed.
>
> [1] http://www.kaffe.org/pipermail/kaffe/2004-April/045856.html
>     http://www.kaffe.org/pipermail/kaffe/2004-April/045866.html

The patch breaks setting/getting socket options on sockets created with
Socket() or Socket(SocketImpl impl) constructors. The get/set[some
option] rely on created socket implementations. But with your patch
they are only created when the socket is locally bound. I know some
apps that set/get socket options before they do this. And it is valid.
JDK allows it too.

Michael