syntax error near unexpected token `PKG_CHECK_MODULES(GTK,

From: Dalibor Topic
Subject: syntax error near unexpected token `PKG_CHECK_MODULES(GTK,
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 11:57:33 +0200

Howdy,

I ocassionally try out classpath's configury mechanism, and it always breaks down on me, so I must be doing something really 'special' to it.

Since I'm only interested in building the java part of classpath, and not the associated native parts, I was wondering how to configure it to do that. I've tried

../classpath/configure --with-jikes --disable-gtk-peer --disable-jni

but that tried to execute that PKG_CHECK_MODULES thing, whatever it is. It's not part of autotools, so autoreconf did not put it in there :(

Is there a way to do what I'd like to do, or do I have to write my own build-script [1]? Or could we just include the m4 code classpath depends on in the tree, given that these files are not generated?

They apparently need to be dug out from the web somewhere, where search engines do not dare to go :)

cheers,
dalibor topic

[1] build.xml would seem like the obvious choice for PKG_CHECK_MODULES challenged users like me :)