gnu.java.net.protocol.file.Handler update

From: Guilhem Lavaux
Subject: gnu.java.net.protocol.file.Handler update
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 09:24:02 +0200

Hi,

Apparently the special parseURL implementation in
gnu.java.net.protocol.file.Handler is not required anymore and even
broken according to mauve test gnu.testlet.java.net.URL.URLTest. If we
replace it using GCJ implementation (attached) 39 failures are fixed and
no regression happens. So I suggest to use it directly. I haven't yet
tested the URL "file:/d|/test.txt" on windows but on Linux GNU Classpath
and JDK gives the same result if we suppress this implementation...

Cheers,

Guilhem.