Re: java.net.URL authority/userInfo

From: Guilhem Lavaux
Subject: Re: java.net.URL authority/userInfo
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:41:44 +0200

Michael Koch wrote:

Am Dienstag, 20. April 2004 09:19 schrieb Guilhem Lavaux:
Hi,

Here is a patch for URL.java and URLStreamHandler.java to implement
support for authority and cleanup userInfo handling. I have updated a
small testcase in mauve for authority and there does not seem to be
any regression. Please review.

I'm okay with except one little nitpick. Class java.net.URL is final, this implicitely makes all its methods final too. Our policy is to not write redundant modifiers. So should not add them. (I know they are in libgcj's version of java.net.URL but they should be removed.)

Ooops ! Ok I haven't noticed the final at the top of the file. I'll remove them.

Cheers,

Guilhem.