gnu.java.net.protocol.file.Handler again (and java.net.URL)

From: Guilhem Lavaux
Subject: gnu.java.net.protocol.file.Handler again (and java.net.URL)
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 12:17:05 +0200

Hi,

I was trying to support the platforms who are not supporting ftp
protocol when I have found that setURL has a different behaviour in the
JDK. If the given protocol does not exist it just ignores it and keep
the previous one. This gives us the possibility to call setURL without
any problems on all platforms now.

ChangeLog entry:
2004-04-23  Guilhem Lavaux <address@hidden>

        * gnu/java/net/protocol/file/Handler.java
        (parseURL): Added a comment on ftp implementation in GNU
Classpath.

        * java/net/URL.java
        (set): This method now matches the behaviour of the JDK.

Cheers,

Guilhem.