Re: Patch: jni.h

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: Patch: jni.h
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 22:39:15 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 21:46, Tom Tromey wrote:

> David> Besides, how do you know my compiler didn't give me the
> David> information. ;-)
>
> Yeah, IMO this is a case where reverse engineering is appropriate and
> required for interoperability.  I don't think we have problems here.

Yes, sorry David if gave the impression that your help isn't welcome or
that such a simple fact cannot be shared with the group. But I thought a
friendly reminder in general about the Requirements section from the
Hacker Guide wouldn't hurt. Before people might get the idea they could
help the project by picking up the sources of some proprietary
implementation and quoting significant sections from it on list whenever
we have a discussion about what the most appropriate way is to implement
something. (In general we want to have a better implementation than the
proprietary one anyway!)

Your presence on the list, insights, ideas and integration of GNU
Classpath with OVM are really appreciated!