Eclipse Instructions

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Eclipse Instructions
Date: 29 Apr 2004 10:40:42 -0600

I've checked in the two Eclipse support files, so you can now use
Eclipse to check out and build GNU Classpath.  This still isn't
entirely straightforward, so I'm sending this message to explain how
to do it.

* Check out Classpath from Eclipse just as you would check out any
  project.  This is the easy part :-)

* Edit gnu/classpath/Configuration.java.in, turn it into a valid Java
  source file (in particular you must edit the DEBUG and
  INIT_LOAD_LIBRARY fields; I set them both to `true').
  Now save this file as gnu/classpath/Configuration.java;
  this will cause a rebuild.

* Go to the project preferences and then "Java Task Tags" page.
  Select "use project settings", and then add the tags "FIXME", "FIX ME",
  and "XXX".

* Go to the Java Compiler page and select "use project settings".
  Set "Usage of deprecated API" to "ignore"; all of "unused
  paramters", "unused local variables", and "unused private types,
  methods or fields" to "warning".

* Go to Preferences, choose Java->Editor, then set the tab width to 8

Of course you can set other preferences; these are the ones I
consider indispensible when hacking on Classpath.

Tom