--portable-native-sync; own threading system and AWT

From: Steven Augart
Subject: --portable-native-sync; own threading system and AWT
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 11:05:18 -0400

Dear Classpath Folks:

I spent some time this weekend working on fixing the --portable-native-sync support in Classpath; it's been broken since Classpath started using GTK 2. Sorry I didn't get it done in time for 0.09 to go out. I expect to have something that works out by Wednesday (Thursday for Jim Huang in Taiwan). This should make Claspath's AWT work again on Jikes RVM and on Kaffe, as well as on any other VM that uses its own threading system rather than the underlying Linux pthread system.

If anybody else has been working on this (Jim Huang (jserv) has already shared his partial implementation with me and we've merged code bases please let me know so that we don't duplicate effort; ideally, you'll share your half-written code with me too :).

Cordially Yours,

--Steven Augart

--
Steven Augart

Jikes RVM, a free, open source, Virtual Machine:
http://oss.software.ibm.com/jikesrvm