Re: --portable-native-sync working again

From: Steven Augart
Subject: Re: --portable-native-sync working again
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 14:12:38 -0400

Tom,

Thanks for the feedback. I had inherited the "g_"-prefixed function names when I started working on the code, and thought it was better to continue it, but it did make me a bit uncomfortable. I will go ahead and rename them.

I will also go ahead and switch to GNU style, as the project prefers. (I will also say here that GNU style strikes me as almost explicitly designed to maximize the waste of whitespace, at least in C.)

--Steve Augart

Tom Tromey wrote:
"Steven" == Steven Augart <address@hidden> writes:

Steven> I have a working version of the --portable-native-sync stuff
Steven> and have attached a temporary patch, in case someone else
Steven> actually needs it. I'd appreciate any feedback.

Nice, thanks for working on this.

Steven> +public class GThreadMutex {

Use GNU style... there's a bunch of instances of this in the java and
C code.

Steven> +static GMutex *
Steven> +g_mutex_new_jni_impl (void)
I know this is static and it doesn't matter that much, but it is
better IMO to avoid the `g_' prefix, which is probably reserved by
glib, in favor of either no prefix at all or something
classpath-specific like `cp_'.

Tom

--
Steven Augart

Jikes RVM, a free, open source, Virtual Machine:
http://oss.software.ibm.com/jikesrvm