Re: Trouble running "autogen.sh"

From: Steven Augart
Subject: Re: Trouble running "autogen.sh"
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 12:03:00 -0400

Michael Koch wrote:
Can you try a newer libtool ? Perhaps 1.4.2/3 is just too old.

Done. I downloaded and built 1.5.6 onto the antique Red Hat 9 system I'm using. It works fine. Obviously the minimum should be upgraded to at least 1.4.4 (and that too might not work). Would someone be willing to update the message that autogen.sh puts out? (Possibly also to do the research?)

I've successfully used 1.4.3 to run autogen on another host for the nightly Jikes RVM classpath regression tests, so I don't really know what is going on here.

--Steve Augart

--
Steven Augart

Jikes RVM, a free, open source, Virtual Machine:
http://oss.software.ibm.com/jikesrvm