Re: Regression Tests

From: Steven Augart
Subject: Re: Regression Tests
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 15:43:42 -0400

address@hidden wrote:
Hello.

"
Write a script that once a night checks out Classpath from cvs, compiles
it, runs the Mauve test suite (also from cvs) on it using some free JVM
(e.g. Kissme), and posts the results to some web site. For comparison, it
would be very helpful if the same Mauve testlets were also run with a
current Sun JVM.
"

I would like to work on classpath/mauve and I thought this task would be
fun to tackle.  However I have looked at the code in src.zip and decompiled
some code.  Would it be appropriate for me to work on this?

Thanks.

Dear Mike,

I see no way in which your working on this task could possibly hurt GNU Claspath's clean room status. So I encourage you to go for it.

We run nightly regression tests against Classpath and Mauve for Jikes RVM, and post them to the (public) list address@hidden However, we don't compare them to a current Sun VM, we don't run all of Mauve, and we don't post the results to a web site (unless you count the mailing list archive for jikesrvm-regression as a web site). So I think this is still needed.

I have sent you a copy of the Jikes RVM night-sanity-mauve-test-starter script, under separate cover, to help you get you on your way.

--
Steven Augart

Jikes RVM, a free, open source, Virtual Machine:
http://oss.software.ibm.com/jikesrvm