Re: (patch) java.awt.geom - implementations

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: (patch) java.awt.geom - implementations
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 00:26:03 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 22:13, Sven de Marothy wrote:
> Here's a patch which implements some missing stuff in java.awt.geom.*
>
> The patch includes implementations of:
> contains() and intersects() for QuadCurve2D, CubicCurve2D as well
> as an implementation of GeneralPath, with documentation.

Thanks! Even including a picture :)

> It appears the current files were not formatted with Tom's GNU.xml
> jalopy file, therefore the patch is rather big (100k), so I put it
> here:
> http://www.qc.physto.se/~sven/Geom/

Ugh seems you found at least one bug in jalopy some of the comments put
at the front of a cluster of variables is now repeated over and over
again in the source.
If you have time could you pull the original sources through jalopy and
then make a diff between that and your new implementation. That might
make the diff a bit smaller/readable. Otherwise could you put up the
complete new source files?

> Ok, the red-tape. My FSF assignment papers are in the mail, so
> they're not registered yet. But I think you can still commit this,
> right?

We like to play it a bit strict and not put anything in CVS and/or
distribute it before the paperwork has cleared.

> If anyone's interested the technical details are coming up now:

Thanks for that. I am secretly hoping that Sascha could review this.
Sascha, please scream if you don't have time and I will do it.

> Ok. I guess I should write some Mauve-tests for this?

That would indeed be perfect :)

Thanks again,