Working On Classpath

From: Andrew John Hughes
Subject: Working On Classpath
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 23:03:47 +0100

Hi all,
        I would like to help out the GNU Classpath effort with some coding
work.  I have about 6 years experience of coding in Java, and about half
that explicitly in C/C++.  As far as I'm aware, I haven't seen any of
Sun's code for the Java libraries, although I have been forced to work
with their runtime on a number of occasions (deleting src.zip as part of
installation), as the Free Java alternatives, such as Classpath, were
unable to provide a full enough implementation of the libraries.
        I will need to sign my copyright over to the FSF for any work I do on
Classpath, so I would be gratefully if you could inform me of what
papers I need to sign and where to send them.  Looking at the list of
tasks on your website, the work on javax.imageio seems to best fit the
kind of work I want to do, but I'd be happy to have a go at most
challenges.  Hopefully, Classpath will soon reach a stage where I can
ditch proprietary Java -- it looks like that's getting pretty close
now...

Thanks,
--
Andrew :-)

Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history.
`Don't bother us with politics' respond those who don't want to learn.