Re: Classpath Swing development?

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Classpath Swing development?
Date: 24 May 2004 14:46:33 -0600

>>>>> "Roman" == Roman Kennke <address@hidden> writes:

Roman> I managed to check out the source
Roman> and compile my small change. Now, how can I test this? Which VM to use?
Roman> It should be a VM which can do this GUI stuff and which is easy to
Roman> integrate with Classpath CVS. Which one would you recommend?

If you are interested in GUI stuff in particular, one choice would be
to work on the GUI branch of gcj.  This approach isn't without its
drawbacks, but as there is a lot of AWT and Swing work going on there,
it would ensure that you are more easily able to work with the most
up-to-date sources.  Work on this branch is merged to Classpath
periodically.

I don't really know what VM is easiest to use if you want to work in
the Classpath tree.  Perhaps JamVM or SableVM.

You probably will want to get started on your FSF legal paperwork now,
so that your patches can go in more easily.  That is, unless you've
already done this...?  If not contact me off-list and I will get you
started.

Tom