Re: Proposal for a "main class" system property

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Proposal for a "main class" system property
Date: 27 May 2004 21:37:01 -0600

Tom> What do people think of having a system property that stores the name of
Tom> the class whose main method is being run?  I need this value to properly
Tom> initialize the GTK peers.

On irc you had an example showing that this is what Sun's AWT does
under the hood.

I think it would be fine to have some `gnu.classpath.whatever'
property that VMs are encouraged to set.  My impression is that AWT
will work even if you don't set this, it just might not be as friendly
in some situations.

Tom