Re: Working On Classpath

From: Thomas Fitzsimmons
Subject: Re: Working On Classpath
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 16:41:31 -0400

On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 17:31, Andrew John Hughes wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 19:57, Dalibor Topic wrote:
> > Andrew John Hughes wrote:
> > > One thing I do think the Windows community still have over us by a long
> > > shot is Java within the browser.  Is the OJI project still active for
> > > Mozilla, and will we see a Free Java plug-in at some point?  It would
> > > definitely give us a lot more test-cases, and simpler ones at that ;-)
> > > Something I would like to look into, if anyone has any pointers...
> >
> > http://www.nongnu.org/gcjwebplugin/ :)
> >
> > cheers,
> > dalibor topic
> Thanks!  Looking at the page, I do recall now having seen it before.
> The page suggests the project is dead, but the mailing list and CVS show
> it as still pretty active...

Yes, sorry about the web page -- I'm sending an S.O.S. out to Michael to
update it! ;-)  Lately, I haven't been working directly on gcjwebplugin
and gcjappletviewer themselves, but rather using them to test applets,
and fix the AWT bugs that they expose.

Here's a screenshot I created last night to prove that gcjappletviewer
is alive and well:

http://people.redhat.com/fitzsim/vncviewer-2004-06-11.png

Tom