RE: Benchmarks

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: RE: Benchmarks
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 13:43:42 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 20:50, Andrew Haley wrote:
> I have heard about SpecJVM, but I expect it's rather big.  I might try it
> anyway.

Note that OVM runs SpecJVM against their runtime and gcj now
http://ovmj.org/bench/specjvm/ But it looks like specjvm is not free
software so it isn't of that much use except for raw numbers.

For some small micro-benchmarks you might want to take a look at:
http://www.klomp.org/mark/free-vm-benchmarks/
http://www.klomp.org/mark/free-vm-benchmarks/getallen.html
But gcj does really well on those already so you might find them
uninteresting :)

It would be good to setup some regular benchmark runs on some machines
so we can easily compare results over time. If you do more benchmarks
please let us know how you set them up so we can try to automate it.