Re: JDK 1.5 support?

From: Roman Kennke
Subject: Re: JDK 1.5 support?
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 08:31:46 +0200

> Are there any thoughts on when the first jdk 1.5 support will be implemented?
>
> Especially classes like java.lang.StringBuilder & java.lang.Enum would be
> greatly appreciated, because that would allow us to compile using sun's jdk
> 1.5
> compiler.

java.lang.Enum would need Templates support (or whatever it is called
here in java). I don't know the impact of this on the internals of
classpath, but I think this will need some bigger changes to
compilers/VMs/class-library.

java.lang.StringBuilder seems to be similar to java.lang.StringBuffer. I
think this should be pretty easy to implement.

/Roman