Re: JDK 1.5 support?

From: Dalibor Topic
Subject: Re: JDK 1.5 support?
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 15:31:35 +0200

Andrew John Hughes wrote:
On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 13:51, Dalibor Topic wrote:

Andrew John Hughes wrote:

Has anyone run the JDK 1.5 beta against Classpath using japitools?  I
know its not production but it may be interesting to see what the
differences are.  The licensing is different on the beta, so I'm wary
about trying this myself.

I doubt japitools would swallow it, as the class file format has changed in 1.5 :) But the underlying tols (JADE, afaik) might have been updated to deal with 1.5-ish classes, so you *may* be able to puzzle together a version of japitools that can deal with 1.5.

cheers,
dalibor topic

I sort of guessed along those lines as I wrote this ;-)

Yeah, I think I've had some funm with the 1.4.2 classes in an earlier japitools version, since JADE didn't support those, either. YMMV :)

cheers,
dalibor topic