Re: [Classpathx-discuss] More Java Extensions

From: Andrew John Hughes
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-discuss] More Java Extensions
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 17:37:09 +0100

On Sat, 2004-07-03 at 16:26, Artur Biesiadowski wrote:

> As for the 'free' implementation of java3d, xith3d is probably a good
> place to start. It has most of java3d features implemented already, at
> least as far as desktop targets are concerned. For the vecmath, Kenji's
> version can be used. java3d-util package is available under free license
> from sun.
>
> There is for sure certain amount of work to be done to allow xith3d to
> be used in place of java3d for LG - but it should be possible to manage.
>

> Artur

Wrapping parts of Xith3D does sound like a good starting point.
Basically, the main thing I want to do first is get enough of the two
APIs implemented to support LG.  A different problem is that I think it
requires 1.5 -- why I won't know until i get chance to go through the
sources.  It does seem a bit below the belt to release software based on
an API that is still incomplete though.  Seems they are far to eager to
start using enums and generics!
--
Andrew :-)

Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history.
`Don't bother us with politics' respond those who don't want to learn.