Re: How to seperate the compilation of C source code and Java source cod

From: Bryce McKinlay
Subject: Re: How to seperate the compilation of C source code and Java source code of CLASSPATH?
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 23:02:20 -0400

C. Brian Jones wrote:

What is _the_ best and single free software java compiler to get behind
and use these days?  Which one has the best jacks test suite score?

Just guessing here: for jacks testsuite scores I think my money would still be on jikes, however ecj might be close. You can get an ecj that builds out of the box with gcj as part of RHUG.

ecj is very fast: it can build libgcj (over 2100 .java source files) from scratch in under 7 seconds on my P4 system.

Regards

Bryce