Re: classpath 0.10 and GCJ Version 3.3.3 20040215

From: Bryce McKinlay
Subject: Re: classpath 0.10 and GCJ Version 3.3.3 20040215
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:19:17 -0400

Mark Wielaard wrote:

Does anybody know what version of gcj we need to avoid this
complaint?  We should update the configure script appropriately.

The release was tested against gcj (GCC) 3.3.4 (Debian 1:3.3.4-3) and
gcj CVS. Hopefully 3.3.4 is enough. But I see that Debian actually
includes a couple of patches for the compiler... One of which looks like
it was for the above issue. Darn. So you might actually need the 3.4 FSF
release.

If someone wants to identify the patch in question, and post a bug report to gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla, we can probably get that patch into the 3.3.5 release. This will make sure that other distributions still using gcc 3.3 pick up the fix.

Regards

Bryce