Re: cvsignore files

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: cvsignore files
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 11:24:48 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, 2004-07-31 at 11:13, Patrik Reali wrote:
> I just noticed that most of the cvsignore files where removed.
>
> Now, when checking for changed files (e.g. "cvs -n -q upd") all the
> Makefile and Makefile.in show up though they are not meant to be in the cvs.
>
> What was the reason for removing them?

Most of the Makefile and Makefile.in files won't be generated at all
now. You can remove all those files and when doing a ./autogen.sh and/or
./configure they won't return.

BTW. I recommend builddir != srcdir builds. Then most of the generated
files won't show up in your srddir at all (except those generated by
./autogen.sh in the builddir of course).