RE: java.lang.Class.newinstance(): exceptions; desired behavior?

From: Jeroen Frijters
Subject: RE: java.lang.Class.newinstance(): exceptions; desired behavior?
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 09:25:29 +0200

Steven Augart wrote:
> It is now the documented behaviour as of JDK 1.5.0rc1.  (And it is
> *really annoying* to implement in a VM written in Java, like
> Jikes RVM).

A while ago it occurred to me that Thread.stop(Throwable) can also be
used to throw arbitrary exceptions (on the current thread). It's
deprecated of course, but Sun still supports it (as of JDK 1.5.0-rc).

BTW, I'm curious, why is it hard to implement VMClass.throwException on
JikesRVM?

Regards,
Jeroen