Re: finding method efficiently

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: finding method efficiently
Date: 28 Sep 2004 00:38:42 -0600

>>>>> "David" == David Holmes <address@hidden> writes:

David> Hmmm. There is a further problem that you have to work out how
David> to do this such that overload resolution is applied
David> correctly. Basically I can't see any way to do this other than
David> to reapply the same method resolution logic that javac would
David> use! Find all applicable methods, then find the most specific.

Yeah, I agree, based on what I read it does seem that way.
This algorithm is going through an overhaul as a result of all the
new language features, I wonder if that will propagate to
XMLDecoder.

Tom