RE: finding method efficiently

From: David Holmes
Subject: RE: finding method efficiently
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 16:53:02 +1000

Tom Tromey writes:
> Yeah, I agree, based on what I read it does seem that way.
> This algorithm is going through an overhaul as a result of all the
> new language features, I wonder if that will propagate to
> XMLDecoder.

At least the algorithm has been overhauled such that the new features do not
impact if they are not used. The algorithm has been broken into phases such
that phase 1 performs the old algorithm, then subsequent phases  repeat the
old algorithm after applying boxing/unboxing, varargs and generics etc.

Regardless this is not something I would want to hand code using the
reflection API as Robert must do.

David