Re: japi note

From: Stuart Ballard
Subject: Re: japi note
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 12:00:02 -0400

Tom Tromey wrote:
This patch is really bogus.  It fixes the problem by working around
it.  Basically while debugging I found that re-reading the method info
would end up adding an incorrect exceptions attribute to the
MethodInfo.  Exactly why, I don't know.  This patch works around it by
arranging to only parse bytes once for a given method.

Seems like a perfectly good temporary fix to me. I've said before that I don't really understand the Jode portions of the code at all; someone is going to need to at some point because of the need for 1.5 support, but for now, hacking around its problems is something I've done successfully before (with inner class access modifiers, for example).

An interesting project for somebody would be to research the current state of Jode and import the latest code (especially the CVS-only 2.0 code) or replace Jode with an entirely new bytecode reader. Especially if there's a 1.5 generic-aware bytecode reading library out there anywhere.

I'll apply this change and put out a new tarball some time in the next few days.

Stuart.

--
Stuart Ballard, Senior Web Developer
NetReach, Inc.