Re: debugging java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError?

From: Robert Lougher
Subject: Re: debugging java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError?
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 03:16:13 +0000

Hi Paul,

For the record, you need to setup the environment variable
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the list of directories where to find native
libraries, or set the java.library.path property on the command line
(using -D).

However, you shouldn't have to set this or use -cp (you should use
-bootclasspath for system classes).  By default JamVM looks in the
standard Classpath installation directory (/usr/local/classpath), but
it looks like you have it installed in a different place.  You can
specify this when configuring JamVM by using
--with-classpath_install_dir, e.g:

./configure
--with-classpath_install_dir=/home/psj/software/install/classpath-cvs-20041105-psj

Hope this helps,

Rob.