Re: equals() implementation not shown by JAPITools

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: equals() implementation not shown by JAPITools
Date: 08 Nov 2004 10:32:09 -0700

>>>>> "Stuart" == Stuart Ballard <address@hidden> writes:

Stuart> I specifically don't want japitools to get into the business
Stuart> of testing implementation details rather than the public API.

Stuart> I'd suggest that the solution here would be to scan Sun's javadoc[1]
Stuart> for classes with custom equals() methods and write Mauve tests for the
Stuart> correct *behavior* of equals, rather than the implementation.

Stuart> Thoughts?

This seems reasonable to me.

Tom