Re: libtool problem with mipspro on irix

From: Christian Thalinger
Subject: Re: libtool problem with mipspro on irix
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 10:57:11 +0100

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 08:40:36PM +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> If you think it is depcomp, could you try to replace it with the version
> of 0.09 (if they are actually different).

0.09 and 0.11 version is the same but i'm also unable to compile the
vanilla 0.11 version, since i have a bit newer version of depcomp in my
tree.

> In CVS I have simplified the native/jni/java-lang/Makefile.am a little.
> But I don't know if this will help you.

Tried this one, but does not make any difference.

Without using the 2 lines depcomp stuff, in the PIC compilation
`java_lang_VMSystem.o' is generated and then moved to
`.libs/libjavalang_la-java_lang_VMSystem.o'.
In the second compilation again `java_lang_VMSystem.o' is generated and
then moved to `libjavalang_la-java_lang_VMSystem.o'.

Seems quite correct. So, why using depcomp at all? I'm currently checking
what depcomp does on sgi systems.

TWISTI