Re: GNU Classpath 0.12, ..., 1.0

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: GNU Classpath 0.12, ..., 1.0
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 01:40:26 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 08:06, Grzegorz B. Prokopski wrote:
> But I noticed one regression.  The Sun's "SymbolTest" you can get from
> http://www-uxsup.csx.cam.ac.uk/java/jdk-1.2.2/demo/applets/SymbolTest/SymbolTest.java
> used to work i.e. 6 months ago and even year ago.  But now I only get
> increased CPU usage for a few seconds and then it stops.  Not sure
> whether it's SableVM-specific, given that other tests work.

Can you be a bit more specific when this broke. 6 months is a long time
in GNU Classpath time. Alternatively, could you provide a example of
this breakage that doesn't say "Licensee does not utilize the software
in a manner which is disparaging to Sun". I know we should all be
friends and not call each other names, but I don't think this is a free
software license.

Thanks,