Re: GNU Classpath 0.12, ..., 1.0

From: Steven Augart
Subject: Re: GNU Classpath 0.12, ..., 1.0
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 03:11:41 -0500

Mark Wielaard wrote:

Yup. I am going way to slowly through the regressions. Hopefully we get
them all fixed. But I cannot guarantee. I should have been more clear on
the release dates. I will make sure to re-announce those more clearly
for the next release. While I was preparing the release last weekend a
lot of nice new toys came in. Which is why we are postponing till Friday
already. I don't have a clear view on your particular regression though.
But I will try to fix it before the release. I don't want to postpone
the release much more though since we will be switching to monthly
releases soon anyway. And I will be on vacation to Boston next week and
don't know how much time, if any, I will have then.

This makes good sense.

Especially since we're going to the monthly Classpath release cycle,
I suppose it wouldn't be the end of the world if Jikes RVM were to
skip this Classpath intermediate version.  We did it before when we
skipped 0.09.

--Steve A