RE: gij as JRE 5

From: Jeroen Frijters
Subject: RE: gij as JRE 5
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 20:36:21 +0100

Andrew Haley wrote:
> Make 1.5 bytecode a reqiurement for the 1.0 branch.

I don't understand what you mean by this. Supporting 1.5 bytecode in the
VM is trivial, but we don't have any 1.5 source compilers yet, do we?

I know Tom's working on gcjx, but AFAIK it isn't in a working state yet
and personally I'd like to have a 1.5 compatible version of Jikes too
before we move to using 1.5 language features.

Regards,
Jeroen