Re: [cp-patches] Patch JCL_realloc()] (late, because accidently sent to

From: C. Brian Jones
Subject: Re: [cp-patches] Patch JCL_realloc()] (late, because accidently sent to wrong address)
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 08:28:09 -0500

On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 05:44, Dr. Torsten Rupp wrote:
> Dear Mark,
>
> > (and I thought
> > we agreed to get rid of these kind of macros and would use normal
> > functions as much as possible in the future.)
>
> When I remember right, the agreement was not to remove the macros
> completely, but instead make them into "alias"-names for target specific
> implementations of some OS-function.

I believe Mark is correct here, we agreed to turn the macros into real
functions for debugging purposes.  And we'll probably use autoconf
feature testing for portability.  Getting to the alias-names of some
OS-function is a first step and then convert them into real functions.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>