Re: gij as JRE 5

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: gij as JRE 5
Date: 15 Nov 2004 10:19:16 -0700

>>>>> "Andrew" == Andrew John Hughes <address@hidden> writes:

Andrew> If this is the case, then is there a good reason for not
Andrew> starting to include 1.5 changes, that will compile with
Andrew> pre-1.5 compilers, into the HEAD branch?

Andrew> * less problems with keeping generics in sync with the HEAD branch,
Andrew> especially when the point of merging finally does arrive

Actually, putting the new code on the trunk as well makes merging
harder, not easier.  That's because when it is put on the trunk all
the generic bits must be stripped out, meaning that we'll have
different versions of classes on the trunk and the branch.  This
probably isn't a severe problem, but I thought I'd mention it.

Tom