Re: Bootchart on SourceForge

From: Ziga Mahkovec
Subject: Re: Bootchart on SourceForge
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 00:15:16 +0100

On Thu, 2004-11-25 at 13:13 -0800, Anthony Green wrote:
> Hey Ziga - I was able to build bootchart with the GUI branch of gcj and
> the attached patches.  Unfortunately bugs in our library are preventing
> successful runs.

Hi Anthony,

thanks for the effort.  I've also been testing against a jhbuild gcj
lately.  The stack you sent is actually my fault -- the attached
g2d.patch should take care of it.

Note that I also had to change your Makefile to enable Cairo:
gcj -o $@ --main=si.klika.bootchart.Main \
-Dgnu.java.awt.peer.gtk.Graphics=Graphics2D $(OBJECTS)

However, once I get past that, the application starts eating memory and
has to be killed.  I got it down to the attached test case.  When run:

$ jhbuild shell
$ gcj -o TestG2D --main=TestG2D -g -O0 \
-Dgnu.java.awt.peer.gtk.Graphics=Graphics2D TestG2D.java
$ time ./TestG2D

real    0m16.222s
user    0m4.286s
sys     0m0.211s

it takes 16 seconds to draw 20 small lines; memory consumption is also
very high.  I'm not sure if this is a problem with my configuration.
BTW, I also sent this to fitzsim and graydon yesterday.

Thanks,
--
Ziga