Removing primlib files from libclasspath?

From: Dalibor Topic
Subject: Removing primlib files from libclasspath?
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 15:59:02 +0100

Hi everyone,

after merging in libclasspath into Kaffe, primlib's missing LINK_* functions broke static builds for riscos. I tried to figure out what primlib does briefly, and gave up rather quickly as the files in native/jni/classpath/primlib.[ch] seem to be rather void of explanatory comments, unfortunately.

Grepping a bit around, it seems that it is unused in GNU Classpath, except for a single test, so I'd like to propose removing the primlib files from the sources along with the test. The files have seen just cosmetic and warning cleanup patches since their introduction.

CC:ing Brian as he introduced them into GNU Classpath.

cheers,
dalibor topic