Re: Memory leak in java.lang.Thread ?

From: Chris Pickett
Subject: Re: Memory leak in java.lang.Thread ?
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 12:44:10 -0500

Jeroen Frijters wrote:

Archie Cobbs wrote:
Perhaps we should add a comment to the Javadoc for Thread.java
like "instances of Thread are not garbage collected until either
they run and terminate or their ThreadGroup and all contained
Threads are no longer referenced."

Agreed. I'm (almost) always in favor of compatibility with Sun, so
adding a comment would be a good idea.

Just out of curiousity, is this the only example you can think of (besides creating threads in other ways) that creates a hidden reference to a new object?

Chris