Re: Memory leak in java.lang.Thread ?

From: Stuart Ballard
Subject: Re: Memory leak in java.lang.Thread ?
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 09:18:25 -0500

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 14:47:54 +0100, Jeroen Frijters <address@hidden> wrote:
> I didn't like it either and after thinking a little more about it I
> dislike it even more, because subclasses that override finalize and
> forget to call the base class (in my experience this is *highly* likely)
> would cause the leak anyway.

Would it be possible to keep a list of weak references and use one of
those magic queue things that notifies you when your objects become
unreachable?

(In case it isn't obvious, I've never actually used weak references,
only read the javadoc a long time ago and thought how cool they were,
so I don't really have a clue what I'm talking about. But it sounds
like it *ought* to work...)

Stuart.
--
http://sab39.dev.netreach.com/