Re: Which JVM?

From: Thomas Zander
Subject: Re: Which JVM?
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 18:26:35 +0100

On Sunday 12 December 2004 17:40, Chris Gray wrote:
> On Sunday 12 December 2004 12:29, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > Kaffe: looks dead; last development release almost a year ago (not to
> > mention stable releases)
>
> Rumours of Kaffe's death seem premature. On a typical day there are 5 or
> 6 commits to CVS, and a couple of human-to-human messages on the
> address@hidden list. If anything, Dalibor is hyper-active. :)

I suggest making a release then,  without releases (and monthly snapshots
are also releases) the perception is not going to get much better since the
downloads found on the site can't be called anywhere near representative if
you guys still work on it.

> > sableVM: website is dead.
>
> http://sablevm.org looks pretty active to me, and the latest news is only
> a few weeks old ...
The site did not respond to port 80 at all when I checked.

> Don't give up too easily!

Cheers!
--
Thomas Zander