Re: Mauve test question

From: Archie Cobbs
Subject: Re: Mauve test question
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 15:42:11 -0600

Michael Koch wrote:
Why don't we start by creating an "offical" mauve-classpath
file that is CVS committed

Sounds like the existing mauve-classpath file in the CVS root needs
a spring-clean. Better to update that in my view than let it go
stale and have a duplicate elsewhere.

Oops, didn't see that one.. yes let's only have one, so that
would be the one to get right. Let's try to update it.

Is this file used at all ? And some VMs using classpath might need different contents of that file anyway. I know libgcj uses its own file called mauve-libgcj (included in libgcj).

The goal for this file should be "the right contents assuming the
VM doesn't have any bugs". If the VM wants its own private version,
that's that particular VM's private business. But we need a version
that we can point to and say "if your VM is based on Classpath and
otherwise does everything correctly then it should definitely pass
all these tests".

-Archie